Gong Training with Gong Master Lou Maurer
One-on-One Gong Training is a unique and individualized two day course that ASTRO.GONG.YOGA is presenting to our community. Before the times of Covid-19 we were offering larger group trainings, but because of the ban we now have the opportunity to give a more personal experience with Gong Master Lou Maurer, adapted to and designed especially for each gong players needs and wishes.
Lou has led sound healing workshops, sound trainings and even played events around the world, he will utilize his mastery to guide you in a transformative course in which you’ll learn how to navigate the healing powers and energies of sound vibration through the gong.
What you’ll gain from this training:
- Learn a brief History of the gong.
- Discover the importance of ritual within the space of a sacred instrument, including gong honoring and setting intentions.
- Learn how to ground and balance personal energy through meditations and body mapping (attentive awareness to heart rate, breath, surroundings, etc.) held before playing.
- Attune the mind with specific meditations to hone the individual vibrations of the gong, aka listening skills and concentration.
- Personal demonstrations on how to hold space within a sound bath.
- Practice in breath work and disciplining the mind to hone your skill of channelling and projecting the healing frequencies of the gong.
- Understanding of the vibrational effects of timing, sound healing, silence and how it works on the body.
- Insight into gong posture.
- Tips into mallet, rhythmical and pressure techniques.
- Multiple opportunities to play different gongs for more experience, with one on on instruction.
- Opportunity to discuss and evaluate your advancement over the 2 day time period.
- The possibility of experimenting with other sound healing instruments.
- One-on-One Q&A and direction with your own personal Gong Master throughout the course time period.
The two day course will take place on the weekend, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Rates for individual Gong Training is $750, but we welcome pairs and couples at a special rate of $950. If these times don’t suit you we also have weekdays times upon request.
To find out more about Lou you can read his bio here and to book a One-on-One or Couples Gong Training contact us here. Once you book the session you’ll receive a questionnaire regarding your experience with gong and sound healing, as well an opportunity to express your goals for the course.